Author Topic: Stabæk 2010  (Read 45008 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Stabæk 2010
« on: December 27, 2009, 11:15:06 AM »
Maiken Pape, Lise Klaveness and Katrine Pedersen have renewed their contracts with Stabæk Fotball Kvinner.
www.budstikka.no

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 11:12:12 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline sexxes

• View Profile
Re: Stabæk 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 12:47:07 PM »
First training with new coach at Nadderud monday 16.30. So interesting to see if there are any new faces there.

Offline sexxes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 04:39:30 AM »
Finally it's official that Melissa Wiik is leaving Stabæk for Wolfsburg. Signed for 1 1/2 year. In the interview at stabak.no she gives a better impression than she has done earlier, and says she will be back. Wel, we have to wait and see about that.

There is also a rumour that Lisa Marie Woods might play for Stabæk. It's either Stabæk or a club abroad.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Wiik to Wolfsburg
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 09:23:35 AM »
Stabæk striker Melissa Wiik has signed a 1½-year contract with the German club Wolfsburg.  Earlier in the autumn Stabæk released Melissa from her contract so that she could experience life as a professional in a foreign club.

"I have played in the Toppserien since 2003", said Melissa.  "Norwegian football has become better every year but I think we are still a little behind Europe, both our nearest neighbours, Sweden, and Germany.  But the Toppserien is a good league with more and more good teams and many good individual players.  More countries are now better at training and striving to be as good as possible: Norway was one of the first in the field but it is much more difficult now to take medals in the World Cup and the Olympics".

"When it comes to Germany they have very many players to choose from.  They have a million active women footballers, while we in Norway have 100,000.  But fotball is the biggest sport for women in Norway, and the total is increasing as well", she said.  

Melissa Wiik transferred from Asker to Stabæk before the 2009 season.  She has started in 19 Toppserien matches and scored 18 goals in the beautiful blue shirt.  "It has been very big to be part of Stabæk.  I have noticed how professional it is, and how professionally and correctly they handled my case when I wanted to go overseas.  It's impressive that so many people work as volunteers and take the initiative.  We have never had so many people round us.  Before it was trainer, assistant trainer and one who did training, administration and everything else.  Here there are many who help: a new person turns up every time we train.  It has been great for us, not least the numbers in the crowd when we play.  I don't think people realise how much of an experience it has been for us, to go from 100 spectators to 1000 - ten times as many", she said.

"It is easier to focus more on the football when it's all more professional, when people turn up whatever.  When you play for Stabæk it's like an international match.  People sing and put life into it - you know there is a crowd there.  You feel a better footballer with so much support.  I can remember our first training match at Nadderud in the winter.  There were people there shouting: 'hey, that's a free kick!'.  It's fun when people shout at the referee.  We get a psychological lift from the supporters, anyway I do.  It's great to be valued", she said.

"I will definitely come to miss the experience I have had at Stabæk, and I hope I can come back after my experience in Germany.  I have played alongside the same girls for years and they are a good crowd, so it will be a bit sad to travel to Germany.  But it's important for me to develop by going to Wolfsburg.  They are a good team, they are in mid-table but they have 25 good players in the squad, all of them either in the national team or the national youth teams.  So it's a good level and a good league with plenty of opportunity to develop", said Wiik.

Melissa is sure that Stabæk will take new steps forward this year and believes our new trainer, Roger Finjord, will develop the team positively.  "It will be exciting to watch the Stabæk girls from Germany, and with Roger Finjord as the trainer it will be very exciting.  I have not had him as a trainer, but he has been with us in the national team and he is a good guy and I think he can get structure and order into the team.  I hope they will win the league in 2010".

"I hope to come home again after 1½ years as a better player.  I have just bought a flat and Peter Kovacs has just signed a 3-year contract with Odd-Grenland, so for me here is home.  I am travelling to Europe because I am 25 now and I want to try playing abroad, and playing in Germany leading up to the World Cup in 2011 will be very exciting.  I have been in Germany and women's football is big, with placards everywhere about the World Cup.  There is much more interest than there is in Norway, they cannot be compared, it's so much more popular".

"Will you have many more years after you come back" - "Many years? you better believe it.  I am going to play until I am 40!", said Melissa Wiik.  

Lars Jarle Mæhlum http://www.stabak.no/kvinner/article9157.ece

Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Woods to Stabæk?
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 09:42:06 AM »
Lisa-Marie Woods is deciding in the next few days where she will play next season, and it's between Stabæk and a foreign club.  Stabæk supporters have started a facebook page aimed at bringing her to Nadderud.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=228784918545&ref=mf

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 09:43:45 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 01:48:45 PM »
Odd Grenland was worried that striker Peter Kovacs might decide to move to Germany along with his partner Melissa Wiik, so the club was pleased to sign him for another three seasons.  Kovacs has scored 39 league goals in the last two seasons for the Skien, Telemark club.  http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/ostafjells/telemark/1.6930670
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 01:51:51 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »
You better believe it - I am going to play until I am 40!

What a great positive and inspirational thing to hear at the start of a New Year and in the middle of winter.  I am already living vicariously through her enthusiasm.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 10:08:26 PM »
See Melissa's ideas on a healthy diet: http://www.vgtv.no/?id=21011

Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 02:58:53 AM »
Thanks for that Alan, he is one funny guy.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Re: Woods to Stabæk?
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 12:58:17 PM »
Lisa-Marie Woods is deciding in the next few days where she will play next season.
At training on Tuesday Woods trained with Stabæk.  Marie Olsen also trained and said she intends to sign and continue at Stabæk next season.
www.stabaek.no/forum
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
"One of the most interesting teams to coach in Norway," Finjord
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 01:02:43 PM »
I translated the video interview instead of the actual article, so there's a few "er"s and incomplete sentences.

---

IW: "Roger Finjord, friendliest welcomes to Stabæk!"

RF: "Thank you very much. Very, very nice to get going."

IW: "You were the first choice as coach, and...how much do you know of Stabæk as a club?"

RF: "It's very nice to...it's an honour to be the first choice to coach such a team, and I've said, and I mean that, of the football teams that exist in Norway, Stabæk women are one of the most interesting teams to coach, independent of gender. And I have...I know their names, I know many of their players, I've coached some of them in the national team and seen a lot of their actions, and I think...I've got lots of respect for...the group I'm about to take charge of."

IW: "You have been, as mentioned, in the national team, coaching the Under-23s...what else have you done in your football coaching career?"

RF: "For the past ten years, I have had one passion - that is football in Finnmark. I have...worked eight of the past ten years as a player developer in Finnmark, and in the remaining two years, 2004 and 2005, I coached Alta IF's men. So I have...lived and breathed for a county that I'm very, very proud of, and hence we're going to take...take the girls up to Alta for an adventure and teambuilding weekend at the end of January."

IW: "Yes, mentioning Alta, they have also been at the front, like Stabæk, with both girls and boys highly ranked in the league system."

RF: "Quite, and they've done that by...I'm very impressed by the way that club's worked, both with...treating the teams equally, and the cooperation between the teams, cooperation between the coaches, and I hope to take some of those ideas down here, while at the same time I'll certainly be a good talking partner for the coaches up there [in Finnmark],  regarding the experiences I make down here."

IW: "Yes, for...now you've arrived at Stabæk, and at Stabæk we have certain ideas about how to play...do you also have ideas about how your team will look after coaching them for a while?"

RF: "I think, at least, it's important that we give a clear message when we begin, that we have a common understanding of the central parts of the game...and then, we play on certain principle levels, I want to concentrate on developing relations on the pitch, and then we'll see what kind of formations we'll play, we'll start with some initial formation, but it's important to build based on the playing squad we've got, and build roles into the eleven. You can't rule out an exciting formation."

IW: "Thank you very much."

RF: "Thank you."

---

for Stabæk's sake, I hope he's clearer about system and playing tactics to the players than in that interview ::)

http://www.stabak.no/kvinner/article9229.ece
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 09:03:06 PM »
Alta in January  .  .  .  a nice change from that steamy place, La Manga :)
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline sexxes

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 05:36:24 PM »
The team will be training indoor at Telenor for a period, and the girls are very happy about (-20 outside, and +13 inside). Super Mario signed today, and next week 2-3 new players will sign. I don't who they are, but try to show up on a training next week before I take three weeks vacation, and probably about 60 degrees warmer than it is at the moment  :D

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Olsen signs
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »
Stabæk players back in training

Because of the extreme cold the Stabæk girls are training indoors at the Telenor Arena, which they are very pleased about.  We were at the session and got plenty of positive feedback from the cheerful players.

Anette Nybø has extended her contract for 2010 is pleased to get to work.  "It feels great.  We have had about a month off, and it it good to get down to training again.  Then we got permission to train at Telenor - fantastic!", she said.

The players were so cold after Tuesday's training session outdoors at Nadderud, their usual home pitch, that they spent ages in the showers, which set the fire alarm off.  But that did not stop them showering.  "I think it was -19 and it was terrible", was Lise Klaveness's comment.  "After an hour we could not go on, we had frozen toes".

"It's fantastic to be at Stabæk.  I love Stabæk.  I have been at a lot of other clubs through the years.  I am getting old now, but to be part of this adventure is great.  I was offered a one-year contract, and that suits me fine", said Nybø.

Roger Finjord is pleased with what he has seen in the first week of training.  "It has been a lot of fun and up to expectations.  We have trained hard and we have been focussing on some of the principles we will work on this year.  And we are very pleased to be able to train at Telenor.  We saw that with the girls when they found out they could train indoors how pleased they were".

"We will have some new signings early next week, then we hope we will have two or three players with different levels of skill.  We are very conscious that we have some players who are on their way up, for whom Stabæk is their first senior club, and we are working on that.  Marie Olsen has signed today, and we are happy to have Super-Mario playing for us this year".

"The good news is that I signed for Stabæk, and the slightly bad news is that I got trampled a bit yesterday", said Marie Olsen.  "I am thriving at Stabæk and there are some really good players here, and I think Roger is a good trainer.  I am pleased to be contining at Stabæk.  The season will be exciting - we are going to take the title - or two!  that would be a lot of fun".

Lars Jarle Mæhlum
Article + video: http://www.stabak.no/kvinner/article9280.ece
Tuesday at Nadderud (video): http://www.stabak.no/kvinner/article9229.ece

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:14:22 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Samuel Vimes

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 10:13:38 PM »
To add to the already scheduled fixture list, there's news of a friendly in Alta (thanks sexxes) on Friday January 29, 19.00 hours. That'll be the "adventure trip" mentioned by Mr Finjord earlier. They'll have an "experience day" on Saturday and two practise sessions in Finnmarkshallen on Sunday.

For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline sexxes

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 05:33:01 AM »
Lisa Marie Woods, Andrea Haugstøyl (Asker) and Marte Stenersen (Haslum) have all signed for Stabæk. There is also rumours that a good defender is on her way to the club.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Woods to Stabæk
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 12:03:48 PM »
Lisa-Marie Woods (25) is joining Stabæk.  Woods played for Kolbotn during the autumn last year after a few months in the USA at FC Indiana.  She played several seasons for Asker before that.

"I had really decided to go to a foreign club.  I had several good offers and was ready to travel.  Over Christmas I talked to Eli Landsem who persuaded me to consider Norway again, and the next day Roger Finjord phoned.  When Roger phones you have to listen", said Woods to stabak.no.  Roger Finjord is the new trainer for Stabæk women's team.  He has trained Woods on the Norway Under-23 team. 

Stabæk has also signed striker Andrea Haugstøyl (18) from Asker and keeper Marte Stenersen (16) from Haslum. 

http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article159128.ece
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Andreas Kolle

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 12:38:30 PM »
I thought it  was a bit strange about Haugstøyl. Woods I saw coming (despite inaccurately judging her history prior to going abroad). Haugstøyl is really good. The defender is most likely Camilla Huse.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Three new players to Stabæk FK
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 12:43:34 PM »
On Monday evening Stabæk signed Lisa Marie Woods, Andrea Haugstøyl and Marte Stenersen.  

Lisa Marie Woods (25) has played many seasons at Asker FK.  When Asker became Stabæk before the 2009 season she went to the American club FC Indiana.  She has also played for other American teams, Oakland University team in 2003-4 and Middle Tennessee State University in 2004-5.  In all these seasons she played part of the season for Asker, but in the autumn of 2009 she played for Kolbotn.

Lisa can play a role in all parts of the team.  She played in attack in her last stay in America, and in the midfield at Kolbotn.  On the national team she is a possibility for a place in the back line.  

After training with Stabæk this week she is very happy to have signed.  "I had decided to play for a foreign club and had several good offers, but then Roger Finjord [Stabæk trainer] phoned, and when he phones, you listen".

"I know Roger from before when he was my trainer on the Under-23 national team and I have a lot of time for him as a person and as an expert.  After discussions we decided that I would go to the first training session on Tuesday and take things from there.  When I got back after the session I was in no doubt.  I felt I had come home again.  I have played with some of these girls for eight years at Asker and very little has changed with the great atmosphere in the team", said Woods.

"I had huge fun at training that week.  The decision was easier after I had talked to the girls and those round the team.  Their idea is that Stabæk is a team you MUST play for.  It's all a new world compared to the old days, with the interest and the fans.  So I am really looking forward to it.  We have to give them good results in return.  It's going to be a lot of fun".

The club's supporters started a facebook page to persuade her to come to Stabæk.  "The facebook group had a big effect.  The leader of the group updated me by sms with every new member that joined.  It showed on an upturning curve that I would have to be a Stabæk girl.  It's great that some of them took the initiative.  I must admit I was really surprised when I suddenly saw that five of my friends had joined", she said.

Woods is optimistic about the 2010 season.  "It will be very exciting.  I believe we will have success in the league and the cup.  We have so many good players on this team, and with the fans behind us we can go only one way.  Everybody is super-motivated and with the trainer-team we have it's clear that it will be a good year for Stabæk women.  It all looks good on paper so now we have to put it into practice, and we will.  There are many good teams out there so we have to be one step ahead of them", said the happy national-team and Stabæk player, who leaves on Tuesday with the rest of the national team to play some training matches at La Manga.

Andrea Haugstøyl (18) comes from Asker and is a striker.  She has international experience on the Norway Under-19 team.  

Marte Stenersen (16) is a keeper from Haslum IL.

"We are very pleased with these three signings", said the sporting manager for SFK, Richard Jansen, to stabak.no.  "Woods is a class player and in the national team.  Andrea and Marte are young, good and ready for the future, and are local as well.  We want a team that is a mix of experience and young local talent, and looked at like that they complement this squad very well".

Lars Jarle Mæhlum, Jonas Moen  http://www.stabak.no/kvinner/article9320.ece

Note: Woods played 126 matches for Asker between 2001 and 2008.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:54:54 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Stabæk training matches
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 04:27:31 PM »
Stabæk start the year with a training match against Vålerenga at Nadderud tonight at 19.00.  The match will be on the new Sparebank-1 artificial pitch.  To make it a little extra exciting Stabæk's Norway players are away at La Manga so many of our younger players will have a chance to try their skills.  Admission is free.

Vålerenga gained promotion to Division-1 last year after winning qualification matches against Byåsen and Sortland.  Perhaps we will see VIF in the Toppserien soon?   Also we hope that the clan will meet up for Thursday's match.

Training matches:
Thursday 14 JANUARY: SFK - Vålerenga; Sparebank1-banen kl: 19:00
Friday 29 JANUARY: Alta - SFK; Finnmarkshallen kl: 19:00
Sunday 14 FEBRUARY: LSK - SFK; LSK-Hallen, kl 17:30
Thursday 18 FEBRUARY: SFK - Røa; Sparebank1-banen kl: 19:00
Sunday 7 MARCH: SFK - Manglerud Star; Sparebank1-banen kl: 12:45
Thursday 9 MARCH: SFK - Kolbotn; Sparebank1-banen kl: 18:00

http://www.stabak.no/kvinner/article9311.ece
Alltid. Uansett.