Author Topic: Norway Under-23 2009  (Read 4031 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Norway Under-23 2009
« on: January 17, 2009, 10:10:14 AM »
National team trainer Roger Finjord has selected this squad for a training session and training matches against England and USA at La Manga, Spain, at the beginning of February:

Lill Yvonne Karlsrud - Klepp (keeper)
Ingrid Thorbjørnsen - Medkila (keeper)
Ingrid Ryland - Arna-Bjørnar
Kine Bjerk - Klepp
Nora Holstad Berge - Kolbotn
Trude Johannessen - Arna-Bjørnar
Janne Stange - Stabæk
Caroline Walde - Arna-Bjørnar
Astrid Grøttå Ree - Klepp
Stine Sannæss - Amazon Grimstad
Gry Tofte Ims - Klepp
Ingrid Schjelderup - Kolbotn
Tina Wulf Eikeland - Trondheims-Ørn
Maren Mjelde - Arna-Bjørnar
Line Smørsgård - Klepp
Inger Ane Hole - Trondheims-Ørn
Ingvild L. Isaksen - Kolbotn
Ida Elise Enget - Team Strømmen

Games:
2 Feb. at 16.00: Norway - England
4 Feb. at 18.00: USA - Norway

www.trondheims-orn.no

Notes: The squad has taken up eight from last year's successful Under-19 and Under-20 team:  Ingrid Thorbjørnsen, Ingrid Ryland, Caroline Walde, Astrid Grøttå Ree, Tina Wulf, Maren Mjelde, Ingvild Isaksen and Ida Elise Enget.  There are five Klepp players, four from Arna-Bjørnar, three from Kolbotn, but only one from Stabæk and not a single one from league champions and Cup winners, Røa.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:23:21 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Re: Norway Under-23 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 11:44:04 AM »
A new player has been selected for the Under-23 training session at La Manga, following Ingvild Isaksen's selection for the A-team. 

The new player is Hege Hansen of Klepp, who has not played for the U-23s before.  Hansen was selected for the Under-20 World Cup last year but had to miss it through injury.

It brings the total of Klepp players in the squad to six.

http://www.fotball.no/t2.aspx?p=53174&cat=51835&x=1&a=242619

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:27:33 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

shlj

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 12:13:30 PM »
I am going to la Manga on Sunday so will put a report on the England - Norway game.
Cannot guarantee I will recognise any players besides Tina Wulf and Ingrid from Kolbotn though.
I will take pictures as well. 

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 01:15:52 PM »
Great shlj - - don't forget your camera and battery charger :)

Looking at the list I would choose this 1st 11 from my comfortable armchair position :)

Lill Yvonne Karlsrud -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Caroline Walde, Nora Holstad Berge, Janne Stange -
Tina Wulf, Gry Tofte Ims, Maren Mjelde -
Ingvild Isaksen, Ida Elise Enget, Ingrid Schjelderup

But I might have left out some obvious choices from the older Under-23s who have not had a chance to play in this team for a good few months.

Let me know if you need any pictures - I might have them.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 01:26:11 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Peter K

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 06:50:22 PM »
Isn't Isaksen with the A team playing the training matches with Sweden?

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 08:11:59 PM »
Oh, yes, she has been replaced by Hege Hansen from Klepp :) but rereading shlj's message make me think he meant Ingrid Ryland in the first place. 
Alltid. Uansett.

shlj

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 04:48:04 PM »
La Manga is a NFF shrine  :o, there are some logos everywhere, you will see from my pics when I am back in UK.
The trip has not started badly : I was going out of my appartment and someone came to my door looking for another apartment. I spotted the training suit and got her to sign my dragon shirt  :D
She is number 14 and her name is Ingrid, i took a pic as well.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 09:10:21 PM »
I guess it was Ingrid Schjelderup, the one who always looks as if she has just arrived from Monaco on a private jet :) . . . on the right in this pic.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 09:19:04 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

shlj

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 10:45:46 PM »
Not sure, its her, reading the signature on the shirt is difficult as well, will upload pic tomorow when I am back in UK as I fly back straight after the game ( hopefully the snow will have cleared UK )

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Players with senior team potential
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 10:15:37 AM »
Well, she is the only Ingrid from Kolbotn in the squad :)

There was a piece on the NFF's web site this morning, looking at the team from the manager's point of view as these articles usually do:

National team chief Roger Finjord thinks many of the Under-23 players have the potential to enter Norway's A-team.  Maren Mjelde is one of the players in the squad that he thinks could achieve this. 

This week the U-23s are together for training at La Manga.  Many of the players are knocking on the door of the senior team and the trainer thinks many could take the step up.  "Several players have a lot of experience from the youth teams and have the potential to advance.  In the U-23s we give them international experience at a high level", said Finjord.

The new players are a generation that is bringing with it European Cup experience from last year when they took silver medals in the Under-19 team, and then played in the Under-20 World Cup in Chile before Christmas.  "There are a lot of good leader-types who have been very important for their former national teams.  It is a group with plenty of self-confidence", Finjord thinks.

Today the Under-23 team plays a friendly against England, and on Wednesday they meet the USA.  The team chief thinks there is an essential difference at U-23 level compared with U-20.  "There are more grown-up players at Under-23.  The Under-20s were a good team and many of those players will do well here also, but it is more physical and the play goes faster, especially against the better teams.  It's a higher level altogether".

In today's match against England he wants to see that the new players can tackle this level.  "I want to see that they are willing to step up to this international level both in attack and defence.  I am also looking for tactical skills and that they can see the big picture and know what to do to take the advantage, or when to slow things down", said the trainer.  "These two games will give a good match-up.  We will also be giving individual players feedback about their own personal goals for development", said Roger Finjord.

Today's match is starting at 21.00, not 16.00 as previously listed.

Erlend M. Aas http://www.fotball.no/t1.aspx?p=51831&x=1&a=243178

shlj I hope that does not ruin your plans?  You'll enjoy it when you get back - I have 4" of snow outside.  All the buses are stopped in London.  Do yourself a favour - stay another day . .
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:51:45 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Andreas Kolle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 09:37:16 PM »
4"?
That's just enough to cover your feet! You English never cease to amaze me.

Offline Bonnie Lass

• View Profile
    • Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 10:46:51 PM »
4"?
That's just enough to cover your feet! You English never cease to amaze me.

I've never seen that much snow on the ground in my entire life.

:-\
If the only prayer you say in your whole life is thank you, that would suffice.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 10:53:11 PM »
Well, we had another 4" on top through the day.  Not enough to impress Andreas but I'm so glad Bonnie thinks it is worth mentioning.

By the way there is a fantastic weather site at www.yr.no and you can just type in where you are into the search box at the top.  Bonnie, you will have frost on Wednesday and Thursday morning.

Also, when I was in Tromsø in October 2007 I bought a copy of the local paper Nordlys, and what was the headline (at 69-north)?  "Traffic chaos with first snow of the winter". :)   

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 11:04:36 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Bonnie Lass

• View Profile
    • Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 11:41:29 PM »
Nice!

And yes, unfortunately, we will be getting frost this week. Give us another month and we'll be experiencing our three weeks of Spring before being plunged into summer.
If the only prayer you say in your whole life is thank you, that would suffice.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Norway 0 England 2
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 12:00:41 AM »
Ida Elise Enget and the rest of the Under-23 team used the first half to get into gear in this evening's match against England, but after the pause they raised their game.  Their first game of the year ended in a 2-0 defeat but trainer Roger Finjord was pleased with the second half.

"We lost the match on the dead-ball.  They scored two identical goals in the space of five minutes in the first half.  In the second half we were really solid and created four big chances.  It was a pity they were not converted - those were chances that should have been goals in international matches", he said.  "I am most please that we levered ourselves in and closed down the space for England.  We pushed forward well".

Finjord still thinks the team has many with senior international potential.  "We used the first half to get going.  We were feeling our way and it took a little time to get to work as we are out-of-season just now.  We had players who stood up and were solid after a while.  Here they showed their potential", he said.

The U-23s are training in La Manga this week and already on Wednesday a new match awaits.  The trainer hopes to continue today's second half when they meet the USA.  "The USA are one of the world's best teams and this will be a good test.  I hope the girls will wish to follow up the good second half against England, as well as sinking the chances they create", concluded Roger Finjord.

NORWAY - ENGLAND 0-2
Pitch: Pitch A, La Manga.
Spectators: 20.
Referee: Lena Arwedahl, Sweden
Red card: Ingrid Schjelderup (two yellows) - Norway
Goals: 0-1 Jess Clark (32) 0-2 Jess Clark (37).

Norway(4-3-3):
Lill Yvonne Karlsrud -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Caroline Walde (Kine Bjerk 56), Trude Johannessen (Janne Stange 77), Nora Holstad Berge -
Gry Tofte Ims, Maren Mjelde, Ingrid Schjelderup -
Ingrid Ryland (Inger Ane Hole 59), Hege Hansen (Stine Sannæss 97), Ide Elise Enget. 

Erlend M. Aas http://www.fotball.no/t1.aspx?p=51831&x=1&a=243285

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 10:56:40 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

shlj

who's the player?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 05:55:39 PM »
Here is the picture from Ingrid : Astrid  ;)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:58:37 AM by shlj »

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 08:11:41 PM »
I regret to inform you shlj, but that's the Spanish cleaning lady.  :D

shlj

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 08:29:03 PM »
She looked better than the cleaning lady and she spoke better english ( to be fair why would the cleanig lady speak english though ). Another funny story is around lunchtime the Norwegian girls finished their training session and stayed a few minutes to watch  Rosenberg vs Lynn and I was around with my england shirt and a few girls booed me actually quite funny.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 09:07:03 AM »
shlj - that it definitely Astrid Grøttå Ree from Klepp who was with the team at last year's Under-19 and Under-20 tournaments at right back - she played in pretty well all the games and was one of the penalty takers in the shoot-out when they beat Germany in the European Cup semifinal.  And she captained Klepp Juniors to the title in the first-ever Norwegian Junior Cup championship last year. 

Have a look at http://www.fotball.no/webtv.asp?All=1&p=72550&progId=275620 and see if you recognise her. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 02:11:50 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

shlj

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 09:57:51 AM »
You are right Alan, I had my Norwegian colleague to check her signature and it says Astrid !
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:37:16 PM by shlj »