Womens Football Forum
October 23, 2014, 05:25:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Women's Football Forum !

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Norwegian players 2009  (Read 24246 times)
Alan

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2009, 07:51:02 PM »

Stabæk's new recruit, national team player Trine Rønning (26) got married on Friday January 2 to her former national team and Kolbotn colleague Kristin Blystad Bjerke (29) in Oslo.

"Now I'm only glad to be married to the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.  This day has been set ever since I proposed a year ago", said a happy Trine Rønning to VG.

"And I was not slow to say 'yes' to her.  This is the happiest day of my life", said Kristin Blystad Bjerke.  Three years ago the newly married couple played in the European Cup Final against Germany, and since then they haved lived together in Manglerud in Oslo.

"Now Kristin has retired, she will be the wife while I want to continue football for my club and national teams.  I also would like children eventually", said Rønning.

The two football stars are among the first to benefit from the new marriage laws that came in on January 1 this year.  Friday was the first day that same-sex couples could legally marry.

Arve Vassbotten http://www.seher.no/php/art.php?id=799841
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:08:40 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 10:02:07 PM »

OK, I'm happy for both of them, and may they live happily ever after, but I must confess,
I hate Se & Hør.
Bonnie Lass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 03:59:00 AM »

Huh.

I wondered when Norway was going to legalize same-sex marriage.

Congrats to Trine and Kristin.

If the only prayer you say in your whole life is thank you, that would suffice.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »

Andreas, I know what you mean but Se & Hør can not possibly be worse than our trash celebrity mags over here.  I think this was also reported in VG but not on VG Nett.

Alltid. Uansett.
BillyBoy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 03:02:47 PM »

Andreas, I know what you mean but Se & Hør can not possibly be worse than our trash celebrity mags over here.  I think this was also reported in VG but not on VG Nett.

I've only occasionally looked at it, but it doesn't seem too far behind.  Cheesy
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 11:35:05 PM »

The FIFA football gala in Zurich last month celebrated the world's two top footballers, Cristiano Ronaldo and Marta.  The link below gives the voting details for all other players in the draw.

Among the women there were two polls.  Every captain of an affiliated national women's team voted in one poll, and the coaches voted in the other.

Norway's Ingvild Stensland was voted the world's best player by one captain, the captain of Iran's women's team.  Stensland was voted the world's second-best player by the captains of Austria, Faeroes, Iceland, Palestine, Russia and Switzerland.  The captains of Armenia, Croatia, France, Georgia, Germany and Latvia thought she was the world's third-best player.  

Among the coaches, Ingvild Stensland was voted the world's third-best player by the coaches of Bermuda, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Colombia, Faeroes, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Russia, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/classic/awards/99/15/26/resultswomenforfifa.com.pdf
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:26:45 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 02:28:33 PM »

Seven months after her cruciate-ligament injury, Madeleine Giske (21) is back in training.  Now she is working for a return to the national team in record time.

"I love to play football and train every day.  I had a test on the knee this morning and it looks very good.  The goal is to be at the European Cup in Finland in the summer", said Giske.  The Arna-Bjørnar midfielder took her serious injury in a league match against Team Strømmen in June.  It was diagnosed two days later, only minutes before she heard of her selection to Norway's Olympic squad to go to China.

"Obviously it was bitter to miss the Olympics and half a season, but I comforted myself with the thought that I was only a reserve for the Olympics", she said.

When the season starts in April, she hopes to be 100 percent ready.  "A consistent performer and a midfielder who scores goals we will be very glad of, and those are our expectations", said Arna-Bjørnar's trainer, Morten Kalvenes.

http://www.bt.no/sport/article776001.ece
Video: http://www.bt.no/webtv/?id=16080
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:27:09 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 04:02:59 PM »

Norway's new national team keeper Erika Skarbø has had an operation on a wrist but the problem is more serious than expected and she is in danger of missing a large part of the 2009 season.

The Arna-Bjørnar keeper was operated on on Wednesday to treat a long-standing fracture in her wrist.  "The worst case is that a large part of her season could be lost.  But we are obviously hoping for the best.  She will be examined again at the end of March and we hope she can use the time after that to prepare for playing again.  So the start of the league on April 13 will come a little too soon", said Arna-Bjørnar trainer Morten Kalvenes.

The Bergen club could come to have problems if 21-year-old Skarbø is not back in training quickly.  None of their reserve keepers has enough experience to step into the Toppserien.  "The situation is a little precarious just now.  If we have to find a replacement I don't think we will find the right person on the Norwegian market - and we might have to look overseas", said Kalvenes.

(NTB) http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/toppserien/article2523988.ece

Background: http://womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,4505.msg27789.html#msg27789

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 04:20:07 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 04:11:37 PM »

Ouch! There goes the Euro...
Unless she returns.

If not, BB is bound to pick Hjelmseth. Maybe we get CCN, but I think he'll pick Hjelmseth. We'll be fortunate if we beat Iceland.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 05:50:27 PM »

Erika Skarbø is afraid she could miss the European Cup.  "It's a definite setback.  I had a really tough day on Tuesday", she told Bygdanytt.

On Monday Erika Skarbø was operated on for a wrist fracture that was discovered over Christmas.  Before the operation the prognosis was that she would be back on the football field by the time the season started in April 2009.  But after the operation the feedback was worse: the injury had proved to be more serious than expected and would take longer to heal.  "It was a setback", said Erika.

How long the recovery will take is uncertain.  But she reckons she will definitely miss the start of the season with Arna-Bjørnar on April 13 against Team Strømmen.  "My first checkup is in two and a half months at the beginning of April", said Skarbø.

Only time will tell but she cannot train normally for that period.  "I can train by myself, but for it to grow properly I must not use the hand", said Norway's first-choice national team keeper.  With all the uncertainty the normally happy Erika chooses to get her grieving out of the way early.  "I would rather be positive and be pleasantly surprised", she said.

She is going to miss important matches with Arna-Bjørnar at the start of the season.  Another problem could be the European Cup tournament, which starts in Finland in August.  "I am afraid it's starting to look black for the Euros.  It's just bad luck that this happened in a Euro-year, I must admit that", said the 21-year-old.  "But I must just hope that everything grows back as it should so that I can come back strongly as soon as possible".

The break was in one of the many small bones in the wrist, "boat-bones" or scaphoids in technical language.  Breaks in these bones do not always grow back as well as with other bones.  "It's difficult because there is little blood-supply and oxygen to the site of the break", was what the doctors told Erika.  "Also the injury is so old that that the broken piece is more 'dead' than if it had been a fresh break", she added.

According to the "Pocket-doctor" these bones can be broken if the hand is bent backwards in a fall.  Erika is sure that the injury goes back to an incident when she was 16.  "I stopped a low shot with a flat hand and the fingers were bent back", she said.

Erika tells that in Monday's operation the doctors took a small piece of bone from her hip and introduced it into her hand as a kind of support.  "I was told that it would help the break to grow", she said.  "The surgeon who operated on me at Haukeland Hospital is said to be one of the best in the country.  I have been in very secure hands", she said.

She has now gone home to see her parents at Ulsteinvik.  "Here I have my loved-ones as a support.  It has been great", said Erika Skarbø.

André Leknessund Wik
http://www.bygdanytt.no/sport/article778768.ece
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 12:15:23 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 06:14:32 PM »

To squash rumours, she says "Here I have my dear ones" referring to her parents. While she might have a partner, she refers to her parents. She's a real family person.
Bonnie Lass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 10:52:57 PM »

Wow.

I hate to sound like an ass, but I may need to rethink my Finland trip. This isn't good.

Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 12:09:34 AM »

No, bad idea.

I'm sure he'll wisen up and use Colombo Nilsen. Who knows, maybe he'll resign and give the helm to someone who can use the Røa 5 and Lise?
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 12:32:47 AM »

It will depend on Colombo's knee.  Also, although Norway's performance obviously will improve if the team is trained by someone who can attract the country's best players, I don't think Berntsen will step down despite the baggage he has accumulated.   

And OK about Erika's parents  -  that sentence makes a lot more sense now.  But I think she talked on TV about a 'partner' [the Norwegian word is gender-neutral].
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 12:44:33 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Bonnie Lass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 12:50:34 AM »

It's not that I wouldn't enjoy seeing the Euros, but with my limited schedule, the only group match I'm down for is the last one against France ... That's a lot of money to be spending on one guaranteed Norway match.

shlj
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 01:06:03 AM »

It's not that I wouldn't enjoy seeing the Euros, but with my limited schedule, the only group match I'm down for is the last one against France ... That's a lot of money to be spending on one guaranteed Norway match.
Especially as we might win it  Grin
Bonnie Lass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 02:01:57 AM »

You're not very good at selling things, are you shlj?

:p

Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 09:01:43 AM »

Grin
Fance actually winning a football match against Norway  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 10:50:52 AM »

Ingrid S. Thorbjørnsen is Medkila's first-choice keeper as well as the club captain.  In the coming season she hopes for some competition.

During the 2008 season Thorbjørnsen was really the only keeper in Medkila's squad.  Now the Under-20 national keeper thinks there will be changes.  Ole Martin Linaker, the new chief trainer at the club says that they are working hard to bring a new keeper to the squad.  "Trine Helmersen is one that we hope could be a possibility for us.  She knows the team and has played for us before, and also she is experienced.  To bring another keeper in addition to Ingrid is a high priority", said Linaker.

Ingrid Thorbjørnsen will finish at senior school in the summer and will probably leave the town, something Linaker and Medkila are well aware of.  "I know Ingrid and her ambitions.  I can say she is a very good student", said the trainer, who is also the head teacher at Heggen High School where Thorbjørnsen is a student in the top sports stream.

Thorbjørnsen's collaboration with keeper trainer Snorre Loeng will continue this season.  "It is very important to have your own keeper trainer.  I am very glad that this will continue", she said.  On Tuesday the Medkila players will have their first session with the new trainer team.

The Under-20 World Cup in Chile in November and December meant that Thorbjørnsen had a month less holiday than the other Medkila players.  "I would not have missed that opportunity", said the keeper, who played in all Medkila's league matches in 2008 apart from the first.  "Now I am really motivated to start the new season", she said.

The skipper is hoping that the club will find a solution to the trainer problem.  "The most important thing is to get to work, and we know these trainers already.  I know they are working to find a permanent trainer and in the meantime this is the best solution", said Ingrid Thorbjørnsen. 

Rune Robertsen, Harstad Tidende
http://www.ht.no/sport/article214463.ece

Alltid. Uansett.
Leni Kaurin’s fan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 06:35:12 PM »

Leni Larsen Kaurin trains in Spain

Test play against Sweden on the 31st January

On yesterday's Monday the Norwegian national player turbine of Potsdam, Leni Larsen Kaurin, on the way came along in the Spanish Marbella where she graduates with the choice team of Norway a 10-day training camp.

In his frame the Norwegian team also graduates from a test play against the Scandinavian neighbor from Sweden. The amicable comparison takes place on (Saturday) 31st January at 15 o'clock in the Marpafut stadium of Marbella.

http://www.ffc-turbine.de/newsmeldung.php?id=15323&s=0809

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: