Womens Football Forum
November 28, 2014, 05:29:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Women's Football Forum !

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Stabæk  (Read 27625 times)
Alan

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2008, 04:45:58 PM »

Stabæk after new players

National team players Trine Rønning (26) and Solveig Gulbrandsen (27) could be playing for Stabæk next season.  The Kolbotn duo told Østlandets Blad that they have had contract talks with Stabæk.

"I have had an offer from Stabæk that I am considering.  Before I make a decision the club will have to have its licence confirmed", said Trine Rønning.

"It's something new which I must consider.  I don't know now but I must make up my mind quickly.  What Trine decides will perhaps mean a little - she is a good player and we have been a captain's team for some years", said Solveig Gulbrandsen.

Trainer Jan Aksel Odden says Rønning and Gulbrandsen will be a huge reinforcement if they come to Stabæk.  "They are two of the country's best players.  Trine and Solveig are two big names.  I hope they join us to make an exciting team", said Odden.

"Trine Rønning is one of the most complete players we have in the country, in her physique, her understanding of football and technique.  Also she is experienced and has a good and strong mind.  Solveig in my opinion is Norway's best midfielder, strong on counterattacks and she scores many goals", said Jan Aksel Oppsahl Odden

http://www.budstikka.no/sec_sport/sec_stabaek/article210924.ece

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 04:49:28 PM »

Asker's footballers will continue to play in the Toppserien next year under the name Stabæk Fotball Kvinner.  That was decided by the NFF's licence department.
http://www.budstikka.no/sec_sport/sec_stabaek/article210923.ece

Asker player Siri Nordeide Grønli told Budstikka TV that she was considering offers from Kolbotn, Fløya and Røa to join those clubs next season. 
video: http://www.tvbudstikka.no/index.php?v=1043
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 05:11:13 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 05:05:07 PM »

Melissa Wiik is considering several options for next season.  On Thursday Budstikka revealed that Asker's international player Siri Nordeide Grønli was uncertain whether she would play for Stabæk in 2009.  At the international team meeting on Thursday Melissa Wiik said she was also considering her future.

"I have not decided, but obvously Stabæk is a clear possibility.  It will be the whole gang from Asker who will continue there.  But I am going to Thailand on Friday for a couple of weeks when I will have free time to clear my head and think a bit", said Wiik.

The alternatives are other Norwegian clubs but not least professional play in the USA.  "I have no contract in place but I am in discussion with one club", said Wiik who was referring to a club in the USA.  But also, Røa have been in the running to capture the big scorer's signature.  "I spoke a bit with them.  They will be competing in the UEFA Women's Cup next year, and that is a bit tempting", said Melissa Wiik.

Anders Hammargren
Article and video interview: http://www.budstikka.no/sec_sport/sec_fotball/article210861.ece

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »

I must admit that I'm not all that used to silly season in Norway. Is it always as much as this, or is this more than usual?
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 05:21:23 PM »

I just forgot to check Budstikka for a few days Smiley

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 08:13:32 PM »

Kolbotn players Solveig Gulbrandsen and Trine Rønning are near to reaching agreement with Stabæk.  Both players have turned down offers of new contracts with Kolbotn.  They have not signed for another club yet but it's on the cards that they will wind up at Stabæk next year.

"They are two prominent figure who are leaving us.  We understand they both want a new challenge and we wish them good luck.  It has been on the cards for a while that they would leave", said the sporting leader at Kolbotn, Hege Jørgensen.

Stabæk looks like having a strong squad next season.  Midfield strategist Katrine Pedersen wishes to continue as a Stabæk player, and Asker's other Danish player, Mia Bak, has also said she wants to play for Stabæk next season.

"Where Katrine is concerned we must accommodate her personal situation, and we are working hard at that", said Stabæk trainer Jan Aksel Oppsahl Odden.

Budstikka has not succeeded in contacting Solveig Gulbrandsen or Trine Rønning.

Gro Synstad  http://www.budstikka.no/sec_sport/article211840.ece   

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 10:14:07 AM »

Lise Klaveness and the Asker players, who are now Stabæk players, had their first training session at Nadderud.  But when they arrived the doors were closed.

Nobody from their new club was there to wish the new members welcome, and the locker-rooms at the stadium were closed so the players had to train in their old clothes.

"Yes, there are some practical things not right yet", said a diplomatic trainer Jan Aksel Oppsahl Odden.  Many of the first-11 were missing and still on holiday, but Lise Klaveness was there.  "The pitch at Bærum is good and it's great to see the girls again.  Now we hope for better conditions", said the midfielder.

Until the new year the players will train together twice a week, and they will do individual training for the rest of the time.

http://www.budstikka.no/sec_sport/article213095.ece

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »

According to TV2, Solveig Gulbrandsen, Trine Rønning and Melissa Wiik are ready for Stabæk.

Oh, and Budstikka also...
http://www.budstikka.no/sec_sport/sec_fotball/article215909.ece

National team players to Stabæk

Three national team players have signed contracts with Stabæk.

Solveig Gulbrandsen and Trine Rønning leaves Kolbotn for Stabæk Fotball Kvinner. Also, the goal producing Melissa Wiik decided to join the moving truck from Asker.

All of them have evidentally signed two year contracts for Stabæk.
- I have wanted to try something new. This is new and exciting, Solveig Gulbrandsen, who have played for Kolbotn all her life, comments.
- I have enjoyed myself much in Kolbotn. But now the aim I was hoping for did not come. Now it will be wonderful ti be a playerm and not "miss Kolbotn". I have been around long enough to feel safe that I have made a good choice, Gulbrandsen says.

Topplag
Trine Rønning does not hide that she comes to Stabæk with high ambitions.
- We want to take up the fight with Røa. However much must fall in place and we have a new team that has to be tuned.

Melissa Wiik was in dialogue with last year's champion [!] Røa, but chose Stabæk in the end.

- It was not an easy choice. But I am glad the choice has been made. Much exctiting things are happening in Stabæk, and I do not want to miss them. Beside,s it would be terribly sad to stand outside looking in at them secure the league gold, Melissa Wiik says, not hiding that she is very eager to take her first league gold the comming season.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:13:45 PM by Andreas Kolle » Logged
BillyBoy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »

According to TV2, Solveig Gulbrandsen, Trine Rønning and Melissa Wiik are ready for Stabæk.

Turncoats!  Cheesy
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 06:59:41 PM »

How true.

And a bit surprising that a team that went bankrupt getting Anna Bettina Langlo Jevne and Amy Whatsherame to the team ends up with two more players. Not that they cost a lot, but they must have a bit of salary?
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 07:09:07 PM »

I would think Solveig and Trine are among the highest paid players in Norway.  I hope someone has thought of that Smiley 
I guess Solveig will want to be a midfielder but it will be interesting to see where Trine plays.

Alltid. Uansett.
Bonnie Lass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 11:02:02 PM »

Wow. Wiik as well. Didn't see that one coming.

I'll take it the WPS talks didn't go as planned.

If the only prayer you say in your whole life is thank you, that would suffice.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 11:16:08 AM »

The three players are on a Bustikka video clip:
http://www.tvbudstikka.no/?v=1354
All three look like superstars and Melissa Wiik looks tanned and happy after her holiday in Indonesia.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:08:55 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 10:40:51 AM »

National team and Stabæk player Melissa Wiik will be out of football for two months with an old ankle injury.

To recover from the ankle injury that has plagued Wiik through 2008 she will follow an alternative training programme. 

"The injury happened in January and I have been hampered right through the season.  Now I want to get rid of it so I can be 100 percent next year", she said.  "I will be training almost every day". 

Article + video clip on http://www.budstikka.no/sec_sport/sec_stabaek/article217206.ece

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 10:59:17 AM »

Kristy Moore is leaving Fløya after five and a half years in Tromsø to move south to Oslo. 

She has signed a one-year contract with newly formed Stabæk FK which took over the defunct club Asker's players at the end of 2008.  Moore will be working with the trainer who brought her to Norway in the first place - Jan Aksel Opsahl Odden.

"I am happy to be going there.  I need a new sporting challenge as I come towards the end of my career.  And there are a lot of good players down there - it looks exciting", said Kristy Moore.

Moore (30), who originates from Adelaide and has experience on the English national team, had offers from Fløya and Kolbotn as well as Stabæk, and will train with Fløya until the end of March when she can finish work in Tromsø. 

Anders Mo Hanssen
http://www.nordlys.no/sporten/floya/article4001559.ece
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 05:40:57 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 01:15:55 PM »

The Toppserien's top scorer of 2008 is moving to Stabæk.  "It's very exciting.  She has extreme speed and has a high workrate.  There is always danger when she is on the pitch", said a happy Stabæk trainer Jan Aksel Oppsahl Odden.

Australian-English Kristy Moore has played for Fløya since coming to Norway in 2003.  She was the season's top scorer with 22 goals, four more than Røa's Lene Mykjåland.  Since then the 30-year-old has also been voted Player of the Year, Foreign Player of the Year and was top scorer in 2004.  While in England she played on the national team. 

It was Odden who recruited her from Fulham when he was the trainer at Fløya in 2003.  "I have thought about bringing her here for a long time but the first possibility came with the takeover by Stabæk", he said.  Now he thinks that Stabæk, formerly Asker, can take up the contest with the winners of The Double, Røa.  "The squad is starting to look really good.  It will be a lot of fun to take Røa on", said the trainer.  Trine Rønning and Solveig Gulbrandsen have also signed for Stabæk. 

"It is very exciting.  I am happy to play for Stabæk and with all the good players there", said Kristy Moore.  "Now I am reaching the end of my career it's good to have something new.  The high level and the challenges were what attracted me to Stabæk, and I have had Jan Aksel as a trainer before and think he is a good trainer".

Moore has signed a one-year contract with Stabæk and her contract at Fløya runs out this year.  She is studying nursing in Tromsø and will be finished next summer.  So there will be a lot of travelling in the spring.  Her partner will continue to live in Tromsø until the summer, so she will be able to see how things go.

"It's exciting that I will be competing with Melissa Wiik for a place as striker.  I am aiming to be the top scorer in the Toppserien again next year, and I really want to compete with Røa for gold", said Kristy Moore.

Mirjam Pletanek Klingenberg
http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/toppserien/article2478939.ece

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 01:19:09 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »

Strange.
They are going for Sola (27), Trine (26) and Kristy (30). The age isn't scary in itself, but all, perhaps except Trine, have said that they are taking one year at the time and considering quitting fotball altogether. And it seems that 28 is a normal age to quit Toppserien. I hope they're around, but it seems like a short time solution.

Alan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 08:48:03 PM »

That is one thing that needs changing - look at the German team or the Danish team.  At 28 they should rising to a plateau for the next 4-5 years.  Who knows what Kristy will do next year, she said she was going back to Oz but women are allowed to change their minds anyway Smiley

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »

That was the message from Stabæk FK's two new recruits Solveig Gulbrandsen and Trine Rønning with their new teammate from the Asker FK epoch, Melissa Wiik.  The new women's football team Stabæk Fotball Kvinner now has its own new section on the club's web site http://www.stabak.no

The goal-hungry striker Wiik has two national team and former Kolbotn stars who have signed for the Blues.

"But we don't just want to be best on paper, we will build a team that will be the best in Norway in the league and cup", said Solveig Gulbrandsen.

http://www.budstikka.no/sec_sport/article217934.ece

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:30:43 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 09:51:02 AM »

Marta won't be going to Røa, lack of finance being one reason.  Stabæk have just signed Solveig Gulbrandsen, Trine Rønning and Kristy Moore, but would not say no if a sponsor came forward with an offer to pay for the super-striker.

"We are not after her, but there isn't a club anywhere who can say they don't want her.  She is just in a price-class of her own.  None of the clubs in the USA have enough to pay for her.  She is a sporting attraction and obviously we wouldn't say no to any sponsor who said they would pay her to play for us", said Stabæk's daily manager, Anette Mikkelsen.

http://www.budstikka.no/sec_sport/article217934.ece

Alltid. Uansett.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: