Womens Football Forum
April 24, 2014, 12:31:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Women's Football Forum !

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Klepp 2008  (Read 7335 times)
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 08:36:25 PM »

haha, the whole argument seems like a lot of . . . (please insert appropriate word) Smiley

Here is Klepp's local paper's article about the match:

"We lost to a better team, but it is clear that the red card relatively early altered the course of the game", said a disappointed Klepp trainer Knut Eriksen.  Silje Thorsen got her second yellow and a sending-off before half time.  The quarter-final became an almost impossible task for Klepp.

"What I said to the referee under pressure wasn't right, it was a bit rich, so I deserved the red card", said Silje Thorsen, after she got her marching orders after 35 minutes.

The game was never well played.  Apart from the fact that the visitors opened brightly, with a shot on the crossbar after five minutes, there were few chances in the first half.  "We must battle more.  Unfortunately we we sent too many passes without a clear aim", thinks Thorsen.

After Kolbotn took the lead, the trainer changed the formation with an extra player forward.  "I think we raised ourselves a bit after the goal, and we should take that forward", said Eriksen.

Cup quarter-final, Klepp stadium, Sept. 9, 2008
Klepp 0 Kolbotn 1
Goal: 1-0 Solveig Gulbrandsen (pen. 55)
Referee: Vibeke Karlsen, Grei
Red card: Silje Thorsen, Klepp (two yellows)
Spectators: 165

Klepp (4-3-3):
Lill-Yvonne Karlsrud -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Kine Bjerk (Cathrine Dyngvold 65), Ane Stangeland Horpestad, Aina Danielsen (Eirin B. Kleppa 55) -
Lene Espedal (Ann Ilin Osland 89), Silje Thorsen, Gry Tofte Ims -
Marie Bakke, Hege Hansen, Line K. Smørsgård

Kolbotn (4-3-3):
Christine Colombo Nilsen -
Cecilie Berg-Hansen, Nora Holstad Berge, Runa Vikestad, Ingrid Schjelderup -
Solveig Gulbrandsen, Kristine Lindblom, Trine Rønning -
Ingvild Isaksen (Hanna Haanes 70), Isabell Herlovsen (Rebecca Angus 76), Kristin Blystad Bjerke.

http://www.jbl.no/modules/module_123/proxy.asp?C=167&I=27597&D=2&mid=289

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:44:02 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2008, 10:37:29 AM »

After three straight 1-0 losses, Klepp play Toppserien leaders Røa today.  Trainer Knut Eriksen in happy about it.

"We have had good results against Røa on our home pitch, but the team is better than last year.  We are happy because it always produces something extra when we meet a top team.  Against that, Røa play differently home and away on account of their artificial pitch, which could give us an advantage", thinks Eriksen.

In Saturday's match Silje Thorsen will be on suspension after her red card in Tuesday's cup match against Kolbotn.  "I have not decided the team, but expect that Gry Tofte Ims will take the central midfield position", said Eriksen. 

Aina Danielsen has a thigh strain, so probably the left-back will be replaced by Eirin B. Kleppa.

Klepp are 6th in the Toppserien table, with 21 points, six points below 5th placed Arna-Bjørnar and 6 points above the next team down.  The team finds itself in no-man's-land, with no possibility either of taking a medal or being relegated.  Also the green-shirts are out of the Cup.  "We have played a lot of even matches without winning, it's a skill we lack", said Eriksen.

"Is motivation difficult now that there is nothing to play for?" - "Not really.  The aim is to win every time we run out onto the pitch", said Eriksen.

Matches are following quickly.  After Saturday's match there are two away matches, with a trip to Trondheim on Wednesday and one to Hamar to play Fart next Saturday.  "We need to find our fluency again even though the tight programme gives less time for me to work on analysis and less time for ordinary training for the players", said Eriksen.

Probable team against Røa:
Lill-Yvonne Karlsrud -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Kine Bjerk, Ane Stangeland Horpestad, Eirin B. Kleppa -
Lene Espedal, Gryt Tofte Ims, Marie Bakke, Cathrine Dyngvold -
Hege Hansen, Line K. Smørsgård

Trude Lea
http://www.jbl.no/modules/module_123/proxy.asp?C=167&I=27661&D=2&mid=289

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2008, 09:44:31 AM »

When the teams run out at the Åråsen Stadium on Sunday they will be making history in Norwegian women's football.  It is the first ever Junior Cup Final, and the opponents will be Team Strømmen.

These two teams are also historic in that both clubs have played in the Toppserien since there was a nation-wide Toppserien in 1987.  Klepp has one league title (1987), and a Cup win (1989) for seniors.  Team Strømmen had a Cup win for seniors in 1992. 

Now the teams meet in the first Junior Cup Final.  The match starts at 13.00 and there will be some coverage in Jenteligaen that starts at 16.30.  Our captain Gry Tofte Ims will be in the studio on Sunday.

It only remains to wish our girls good luck.  May the best team ("Klepp") win.  For those who want to meet the Cup Finalists they are expected to land at Sola on Sunday at 21.45.  Meet up and show "you" value our girls.

It's a big day for Klepp and girls' football in Rogaland.  A fantastic effort in all the local clubs has made it possible for these girls to develop their play further at Klepp. 

Klepp has had 13 players in the youth teams in the 15-23 age group this season.  We have taken part in Division-2 where the players are often bigger and stronger than us.  There's no doubt that the players have developed their skills well.

Recruiting is strong and the players have started their preparation to start to compete for a place in the A-team.  Klepp Commune has given us support to create the possibilities at this level, and Klepp's mayor Elfinn Lea and chief executive Pål Frode Larsen will be in the stands.

http://www.kleppkvinner.no/index.asp?cat=newsdetailed&ID=1950

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2008, 11:29:30 PM »

Klepp showed class when they beat Team Strømmen 4-1 in a highly dramatic Cup Final at Åråsen Stadium.  History's first Junior Cup Final had everything.  Five goals, a red card, a penalty and an outplayer as keeper were some of the ingredients.  At the end Klepp raised the trophy after a highly deserved win.

"It was completely crazy.  We have a fantastic team of footballers and we showed that the club is good at developing talent", said a happy Hanne Laland Egeland to fotball.no after the Final. 

Klepp had to play almost 60 minutes with ten players on the pitch, but it did not appear to be worth mentioning it.  "It was a blow on the nose to have a sending-off, but we agreed to stick together and compete.  I felt we controlled the match well, and don't think much about playing with ten", said Egeland. 

Hanne Laland Egeland was judged the day's best player by national team trainer Bjarne Berntsen and Under-19 chief Jarl Torske.  It came quite unexpectedly to the young player.  "It went well today but it was a shock to find I was the best player.  It was great, but this was first and foremost a team win", said the new champion modestly.

Klepp's captain Astrid Grøttå Ree was also brilliantly pleased after the Final.  "This is fantastic.  I don't know what to say, I am completely empty.  It is unbelievable to win", she said. 

It was a really unusual final for the defender.  After 28 minutes Klepp keeper Caroline Reitan Hausø was controversially sent off.  To the surprise of many, it was Grøttå Ree who took the gloves.  "We had no reserve keeper on the bench and agreed beforehand that I would stand in if anything happened, but never in the world did I think I would actually have to stand in goal.  It went well.  I was stressed several times but those in front of me did a fantastic job", said the new-baked keeper.

The Cup Final started fantastically well for the west-coast team.  Cathrine Dyngvold scored after only seven minutes, and Anette Tengesdal made it 2-0 three minutes later.  In the 18th minute Team Strømmen failed to clear a corner and sent the ball into their own goal instead. 

After 28 minutes the drama began.  Team Strømmen's Ida Erlandsen was played free.  The striker tried to go round the keeper but was tackled.  The ball sprang up again where another Team player put the ball into goal.  But instead of a goal the referee blew for a penalty and gave the Klepp keeper a red card.  Astrid Grøttå Ree took the gloves, and Team Strømmen's Cathrine Dekkerhus was secure from the 12-yard spot.

Klepp did not let this incident deflect them and carried on as normal.  They were the best team even when missing one player, and came near scoring several times.  Team Strømmen did not produce a single proper chance in the second half, and nine minutes before the end came the last nail in the coffin.  Hege Hansen did the buildup work and Andrea Medalen placed the 4-1 goal in.

The game's most unlucky player, Caroline Reitan Hausø, could not keep the tears back after the match.  The road from heaven to hell and back can be short in football.  "I thought I had ruined the match for the whole team.  It's the first time I have been sent off and it was unpleasant.  But Astrid was good in goal and it went well.  Now I am relieved and happy", said Reitan Hausø.  "It's the high point of the season - fantastic".

Team Strømmen were naturally disappointed after losing, even though they were pleased with silver medals.  "We did not do what we had to do today.  Klepp were strong and pressed us back.  They had many who played well", said Cathrine Dekkerhus.  She said they had had hopes of a comeback after the red card, but Klepp were too good.  "They continued to come forward after the card, and made it difficult for us.  We created a few chances before half time, but in the second half we had no real chances", she said. 

The midfielder was disappointed straight after the game, but thought she could be happy with silver after a while.  "It was disappointing to lose, but we are second best after all.  We are happy with silver and that is something we take forward with us", said  Dekkerhus.         

Erlend M. Aas
http://www.fotball.no/t1.aspx?p=51831&x=1&a=236089

Team Strømmen 1 (1), Klepp 4 (3)
Goals: 0-1 Cathrine Dyngvold (7), 0-2 Anette Tengesdal (10), 0-3 og (17), 1-3 Cathrine Dekkerhus (pen. 29), 1-4 Andrea Medalen (81)
Referee: Marte Sørø, Malmefjorden IL
Yellow cards: Marte Hyttjan and Brita Hansen, Team Strømmen
Red card: Caroline R. Havsø, Klepp (28)
Spectators: 542

Klepp (4-4-2):
Caroline R. Havsø -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Maren Storhaug Fosse (Marte Vigrestad 15) (Hanne Wold 86), Hanne Laland Egeland, Eirin Bjerkreim Kleppa (Tina Tollefsen 86) -
Marte Hole (Maren Storhaug Fosse 46), Ann-Ilin Osland (Ingrid Hjelmbrekke Holdø 86), Maria Thorirsdottir (Else Vassbø 45), Anette Tengesdal (Hilde Selvikvåg 86) -
Hege Hansen, Cathrine Dyngvold (Andrea Medalen 61).

www.jbl.no
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 06:29:47 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 09:30:29 PM »

See the highlights of the dramatic Junior Cup Final: http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/mini/main.do?ref=nff&treeId=2701

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2008, 12:09:16 PM »

Klepp are looking for some new players.  Ane Stangeland Horpestad, Aina Danielsen, Silje Thorsen and Lene Espedal could all decide to retire after this season, and these experienced players must be replaced. 

"We don't know what they will decide, but we are assuming they will retire.  We want to bring in a new player in every department, and have several likely names", said Klepp trainer Knut Eriksen.

On Tuesday the Finnish player Veera Maria Vartiainen will come to Klepp and will train with the team on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  "She is a left-footed winger or back that we have been recommended.  We want to strengthen our attack on the left so that we can free Marie Bakke for positions that suit her better.  I will be very excited to see this Finnish player", said Eriksen.

He is clear that Klepp must bring in players who are consistently good.  "Our own talents can come in and do a good job, but are inconsistent if they have to play all the time.  They must grow up before they are ready", thinks Klepp's trainer.

Kelpp has also approached Elise Thorsnes of Arna-Bjørnar.  The national team striker was a possibility for Klepp some years ago, but chose the Bergen club.  "She is definite that she will not talk about moving until after the season", said Eriksen.  He is working also on a central midfielder who is playing in the Toppserien. 

If Ane Stangeland Horpestad decides to retire, Klepp would like to replace her with Faith Ikidi.  The Nigerian central defender played for Klepp in 2005, and stood out as a classy player.  "She is in Nigeria now, but wants to come to Klepp.  She is a fantastic centre-back", said Eriksen, who
is not yet decided on his own future.  "It is not completely clear whether or not I will continue as trainer.  It is something that needs to be cleared up, but the answer is coming soon".

On Saturday Klepp play at home to Trondheims-Ørn.  In September it was a 1-1 draw between the sides, in a match when Klepp were the better team even though the points were shared at the last minute.  "We have a good take on Trondheims-Ørn.  I am sure it will be a match that we will steer, but we have to score goals.  The Eagles have two good big centre-backs that we have to get round, because they will not be troubled by long passes.  We want to be better than Trondheims-Ørn and we are ready for three points after a rather thin autumn", said Knut Eriksen.

Tarjei Sel http://www.jbl.no/modules/module_123/proxy.asp?C=167&I=28407&D=2&mid=289

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 10:50:01 AM »

Klepp trounced Trondheims-Ørn on Saturday and Hege Hansen was the popular choice for player of the match in Klepp's 4-1 win. 

A rainstorm before the start left surface water on the pitch, but fortunately the heavens did not open again during the game.  Line Krogedal Smørsgård and Hege Hansen were on song at the beginning, and before 6 minutes had gone, the speakers had blasted out the scoring tune "Come on" twice.

Klepp played well and after 20 minutes Hege Hansen got herself once more on the scoring list.  Kristin Lie reduced the score to 3-1 which was also the half-time result.

Klepp were best in the second half and drove the match.  Marie Bakke finished with a goal on a free kick from 18 yards over on the side.

http://www.kleppkvinner.no/index.asp?cat=newsdetailed&ID=1958

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2008, 12:45:26 PM »

Klepp 4 Trondheims-Ørn 1

It took only four minutes for the Klepp team to show the public how to beat Trondheims-Ørn.  A clearance from keeper Lill-Yvonne Karlsrud was taken by Hege Hansen in the midfield.  A good first touch and a precise pass sent striker colleague Line K. Smørsgård past the entire defence.  Alone with the keeper Smørsgård made no mistake, and Klepp had the start they wanted.

Trainer Knut Eriksen's plan had worked.  "We knew Trondheims-Ørn would stay high with their defence and we had to get the ball through.  At the same time it was great to see the combination between Hege and Line working really well, because we have worked on that a lot".

Klepp did not stop at one goal.  Only minutes later Hege Hansen was first on a long pass, went round the keeper and placed the ball into an empty goal.  Klepp were 2-0 up after only a few minutes. 

Hansen, Klepp's best player, was very pleased after the match:  "we had a brilliant opening to the game and I was a little surprised at how much better we were than Trondheims-Ørn".

Knut Eriksen was happy and relieved.  "I said beforehand that this would be the season's most important game.  With a win we would have 30 points, and it is many years since Klepp have managed that.  We know we are well trained, and in the second half I think we were good.  We could have scored a couple more goals, but there's no reason to be unhappy with this game".

"I was there to see a big win over Trondheims-Ørn, and that is important for me that once in a while we beat them", finished Eriksen.

TOPPSERIEN FOTBALL, ROUND 20, October 18.
Klepp 4 (3)
Trondheims-Ørn 1 (1)
Goals: 1-0 Line K. Smørsgård (4), 2-0 Hege Hansen (6), 3-0 Hege Hansen (20), 3-1 Kristin Lie (24), 4-1 Marie Bakke (76)
Klepp stadion
Referee: Monica Larsen, Bækkelaget SK
Yellow card: Gry Tofte Ims, Klepp
Spectators: 158

Klepp (4-4-2):
Lill-Yvonne Karlsrud -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Kine Bjerk, Ane Stangeland Horpestad, Eirin B. Kleppa -
Gry Tofte Ims, Cathrine Dyngvold (Silje Thorsen 60), Lene Espedal, Marie Bakke (Anette Tengesdal 80) -
Line K. Smørsgård, Hege Hansen.
Not used: Hanne Laland Egeland, Bjørg Bjarnadottir, Aina Danielsen.

Bjørnar Stangeland
http://www.jbl.no/modules/module_123/proxy.asp?C=167&I=28441&D=2&mid=289
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 02:32:59 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2008, 10:35:42 AM »

Klepp's league match against Kolbotn on Sunday will be the last match in top football for national team captain Ane Stangeland Horpestad.

"I was ready for it, and obviously respect the decision that she should give up now.  But I would have liked her to continue further", said Klepp trainer Knut Eriksen.

He heard the decision from Ane yesterday, and together they informed the other players at the training session.  Stangeland Horpestad did not wish to comment about her decision before Jærbladet went to press.

Even though the search for players is well under way, Eriksen and the rest of the Klepp team must now intensify their work in the weeks to come.  Most of all they need experienced players.  "It concerns the balance of the group.  We need players with some years behind them, so we will not have to fill the squad with 16 and 17-year-olds", said Eriksen.

The closest to a signing is the Finnish player Veera Vartiainen.  The 25-year-old, a left-foot player who can play as a back or a winger, was very successful at her recent trial and will move to Jæren.  "It is not good just to have daily training as the only occuption, and I therefore hope we can fix up a job for her", said Eriksen.

In addition to Ane Stangeland Horpestad, Lene Espedal, Silje Thorsen and Aina Danielsen will also retire.  At any rate Espedal has made it clear that she will finish on Sunday.  "I have all possible respect for Silje and Aina giving up.  They came to Klepp before the 2006 season, and as well as being single mothers they work full time outside football.  If they were to find the motivation to continue I would welcome them with open arms", said the Klepp trainer.

He promises that the club has exciting plans in the pipeline.  "We continue in discussion with players we think can strengthen the group", said Eriksen.  Among them is 29-year-old Kristin Lie from Trondheims-Ørn, plus young player Elise Thorsnes who has played for Arna-Bjørnar in the present season.  Both are typical goal scorers.   "Lie has said that a move is possible if she sees the possibility of winning something.  The arrangement is to get back to her when we know which players are continuing.  The Trønder girl is a striker but can also be an attacking midfielder", said Eriksen.

Thorsnes is at present preparing to go to Chile for the Under-20 World Cup, but will be in contact after returning from Chile in December.

Now the trainer is looking forward to Sunday's match with Kolbotn.  "They are a fun team to play against.  They are competing for bronze in the league and must win to have a chance.  I feel we have a good history against Kolbotn even though we have not won against them since last autumn.  We have a good reason to prepare for this match", said Eriksen, who is after revenge for a 1-0 defeat in the Cup quarter-final two months ago.

The Klepp trainer expects a more or less injury-free squad, but it is uncertain which players will start the match.

Trude Lea
http://www.jbl.no/modules/module_123/proxy.asp?C=167&I=28683&D=2&mid=289

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 12:19:06 AM »

Ane Stangeland Horpestad and chief trainer Knut Eriksen did not see a goal in their last match at Klepp.  The game ended in a 0-0 draw with Kolbotn. 

Klepp end the season in 6th place in the table with 31 points.

For Horpestad it was her last match at the top level, and she announced her retiremtn in the week.  For Eriksen it was his last match as trainer for the Klepp players.

Eriksen will next year be the sporting leader, and has handed over the job of head trainer to Kenneth Eidsaunet, who in 2008 trained the Nærvo men's side in Division 3.  Eidsaunet was previously the assistant under Magnus Johansson at Bryne.

http://www.jbl.no/modules/module_123/proxy.asp?C=167&I=28720&D=2&mid=289

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2008, 01:38:32 PM »

Klepp:  Ane Stangeland Horpestad played the last football match of her career against Kolbotn on Sunday.  She thinks it feels a little strange to be giving up.

The national team captain announced during the week that she was giving up as an active player.  After 90 minutes against Kolbotn she admitted it was a bit sad to be finishing.  "I have thought about it for a long time, but was not ready for how it felt to go off the pitch after my last game of all.  So many people came over to me to thank me for what I had done as a player through all these years", she said.

Norway's former captain wanted so much to finish her career with a goal, but unfortunately she did not succeed in this, even though she competed to the maximum in Kolbotn's penalty area.  "Fortunately I did not finish with a home defeat, but it would have been crazy to find the net in this game", she said.

Ane Stangeland Horpestad has made no secret of her wish for a holiday from football, and is looking forward to it.  "At last I can do my own training without having to think of turning up at fixed times.  I will train every single day even after I have given up", she said.

The match against Kolbotn was never a great affair, with most of the play in the midfield.  Goal chances were few for either side.  "It is good to take a point against Kolbotn.  We haven't taken many against them in the last few seasons", said Ane.  Kolbotn have to be content with 4th place after the 0-0 draw.

It has been clear for a while that Larvik and Fart will go down to Division 1 to be replaced in the Toppserien by Sandviken and Fortuna Ålesund.

http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article121754.ece#

Photo from Ane's last game.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:58:22 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2008, 01:47:34 PM »

On Thursday we had the message that Ane Stangeland Horpestad would retire as a footballer. 

Ane has played 280 matches in 11 years as a Klepp player, and 107 international matches, plus a clutch of games at youth level. 

Ane has impressed in many games and has been one of the best of all centre-backs in the world - if not the best!  She is a fantastic person in every possible way and has been a great ambassador for Klepp and Norway. 

After so many year in top football we know she wishes to retire and have every respect for her decision, but we would really have liked her to carry on.

Thanks for everything Ane, and not least for all the positive feedback I have had from you through the years I have known you.  Good luck in the future, you will be missed!

Morten, team leader, Klepp Elite
http://www.kleppkvinner.no/

I love the picture, from the 2008 Olympics, which says (a) she plays for Norway (b) she is the skipper (c) she has just got the better of Daniela, one of Brazil's top guns.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:55:34 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2008, 12:06:18 AM »

Veera Maria Vartiainen from Finland has signed a contract with Klepp for 2009.  Now the club also hopes to sign Lisa-Marie Woods from Asker and Tiina Salmen from Amazon Grimstad.

Today the sporting leader in the club, Knut Eriksen, had the happy news he was waiting for.  The quick left-winger Vartiainen had agreed to sign and will be a solid addition to Klepp for next season.  "I hope this is a precursor for the bring the four experienced players we are also looking for", said Eriksen, thinking of the retired players Ane Stangeland Horpestad, Lene Espedal, Silje Thorsen and Aina Danielsen.  "These are the oldest players and we therefore need experienced replacements", said Eriksen.

Vartiainen has 13 international caps for Finland and has played in the UEFA Women's Cup with her club FC Honka.  "I think she will be a key player next season", said Eriksen.  Klepp is also in discussions with another Finnish national player, midstopper Tiina Salmen, who already plays in Norway with Amazon Grimstad.  "She is the captain of Finland and will be a good replacement for Ane Stangeland Horpestad", said Eriksen. 

Next week Lisa-Marie Woods will arrive on a visit from Asker.  The 23-year-old is wanted by Klepp as a central defender.  Klepp also want to recruit Elise Thorsnes from Arna-Bjørnar but she is out of circulation until after the U-20 World Cup in Chile. 

Hege Hansen has just signed a new contract with Klepp, and yesterday Eirin B. Kleppa did the same.  Klepp has also reached agreement with Line K. Smørsgård, Marie Bakke and Astrid Grøttå Ree.

Veera Maria Vartiainen
Born: 10.9.1983 Vanta
Club: FC Honka
Position: Defence, midfield, attack
Foot: Left
International games: 13

Atle Andersen  http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article122734.ece
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 12:17:40 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2008, 07:20:56 PM »

Yes, I already commented on that article (which, for some reason, came in two copies). Strange move by Amazon to remain so aloof with their players, they desperately need to have a good defense. Oh, well, their funeral.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »

Hege Hansen was voted Player of the Year at Klepp's football party on Friday.

Hansen had bad luck earlier in the week after travelling to Oslo to join Norway's Under-20 squad for the trip to Chile for the World Cup.  Tests by the national team doctor and physio showed that the injury she took in Klepp's last match of the season against Kolbotn would not allow her to be in the squad.

So Hege had to return to Klepp instead of flying to Chile.  A great shame for her, but she will have plenty more chances. 

We congratulate Hege on the prize.

http://www.kleppkvinner.no/

Alltid. Uansett.
Bonnie Lass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2008, 10:18:14 PM »

Wait, so did Lisa-Marie Woods actually leave Asker for Klepp, or am I imagining things?

If the only prayer you say in your whole life is thank you, that would suffice.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2008, 10:23:56 PM »

. . nothing definite yet . .

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2008, 12:33:22 PM »

Klepp are waiting for an answer from Tiina Salmen and are not looking for other reinforcements.

The Finnish international central defender has had a contract offer from Klepp.  The Amazon Grimstad player had not answered Knut Eriksen yesterday.  Eriksen had invited Salmen to Klepp to see the conditions she would be playing in.  "We have waited as long as we can, she has to answer yes or no to the offer she has had", said Eriksen.

If Salmen decides to come she will replace Ane Stangeland Horpestad in the back four.  If she does not, the young and promising player Hanne Laland Egeland will get the chance she was looking for.

In midfield there are also places that need filling after Silje Thorsen and Lene Espedal retired.  "If we play four in midfield we will need a new central player and that will be Ann-Ilin Osland or Else Vassbø.  If we play the diamond formation it would be natural to put Cathrine Dyngvold in the attacking role and Gry Tofte Ims in the defensive position", said Eriksen, who is now the sporting leader at Klepp after some years as the trainer.

Asker player Lisa-Marie Woods will not be coming to Klepp.  She is going to the USA to play for a team in New York.  "We had a good discussion with her, but she wants to play in the USA from March to August.  The arrangement is that she will get in contact with us nearer to August, and we will see if she can play with us from September", said Knut Eriksen.

Cathrine Dyngvold signed a new 2-year contract this week, while Marie Bakke and Line K. Smørsgård signed for one year yesterday.

Tarjei Sel  http://www.jbl.no/modules/module_123/proxy.asp?C=167&I=29107&D=2&mid=289

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2008, 10:29:28 AM »

Finnish central defender Tiina Salemn visited Klepp to look at the conditions and showed interest in signing a contract with the west-coast team.  But she has decided to stay at Amazon Grimstad.  "We have had a message to say she has signed a one-year contract with Amazon.  Very disappointing", said Klepp's sporting manager Knut Eriksen.

The Klepp management was hoping that Salmen would come in as a replacement for Ane Stangeland Horpestad who retired after the 2008 season.  "We have decided to bring in players on trial and are waiting to see what happens", said Eriksen, who hopes that the club's young players will grasp their chance.  "Both Eirin B. Kleppa and 17-year-old Hanne Laland Egeland are possibles to take over Ane's place", said Knut Eriksen.

http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article123952.ece

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2008, 11:05:22 AM »

Tiina Salmen is out, Petra Vaelma is not an immediate prospect.  Now that national team captain Ane Stangeland Horpestad has retired and Kine Bjerk is stepping up as the new boss of Klepp's defence, who will play beside her?

Klepp's new sporting manager, Knut Eriksen, has worked hard to bring in an established central defender and thought that Amazon's Tiina Salmen from Finland was in the bag.  When it looked as if she would not join Klepp, her national team colleague Petra Vaelma was considered, but that choice is now on ice. 

"We will wait until after the training matches against Arna-Bjørnar and Sandviken in January, and we will try and put a back four together and see how they manage, before we consider a replacement", said Eriksen, aware that the Finnish player could be lost during the winter.

Eriksen sees Hanna Laland Egeland and Eirin Bjerkreim Kleppa as strong contenders for centre-back.  Kleppa is already established as a left-back in the Toppserien side while Laland has the potential to be a very good midstopper.  She was voted Player of the Match when Klepp juniors won the junior cup final against Team Strømmen in the autumn.

"It is perhaps better to continue in this way rather than to bring in a short-term player.  I think it could be good but a bit inconsistent.  We have time to go this way", said Knut Eriksen, who admitted that finances play a part in the decisions in these uncertain times.

The A-team for 2009 is as good as decided, and will become fully clear during December.

Tarjei Sel http://www.jbl.no/modules/module_123/proxy.asp?C=167&I=29316&D=2&mid=289

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 11:07:46 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: